A garden gazebo is a beautiful outdoor structure which is not that difficult to build. Even an amateur woodworker with basic skills can successfully build a gazebo with the right equipment, materials and some diy gazebo building plans. A simple but elegant gazebo is not that hard to build using some free gazebo plans and it will be a lively and pleasant addition to your garden or backyard.
The right measurements are the most important element to consider while building the gazebo. Be very careful while measuring and cutting the various parts of the structure as any miscalculations can lead to disastrous results. The more intricate cuts the design of the gazebo has, the more care needs to be taken while building it.
You could think of directly buying a diy gazebo kit and installing it but building your own gazebo has the following major advantages.
- Building a gazebo will allow you to save a whole lot of money as the gazebo kit will be much more expensive compared to buying the wood and building the gazebo from scratch.
- The choice of gazebo designs and size available while building your own gazebo using plans is much greater compared to just buying a kit. You will be able to customize the gazebo exactly the way you want.
It is a great idea to use 3D gazebo blueprints and drawings for any woodworking project. This allows viewing the structure in all perspectives and judging the various dimensions and relative proportions accurately.
Some people make the mistake of assuming that drawings and diy gazebo building plans are the same. However plans are more like blueprints which contain much more detailed information compared to mere drawings. This becomes a very essential factor when building bigger structures like a gazebo. You just cannot make a mistake and fix it later. They must be built first time right!
A good set of gazebo building plans must include the following
- Accurate and detailed plan view, end view and elevation of the final structure
- Separate detailed drawings of ever part not shown in main diagram.
- 3D drawings of every main component
- Full list of materials, quantity and exact sizes.
- List of tools and other required hardware.
Sometimes, instructions are not written in purchased diy gazebo building plans, but these are always helpful to the amateur woodworker. There are many free gazebo building plans available online and some do have a few instructions, but they are never complete or detailed enough to be used for practical construction. Get some free square gazebo plans.
Here are some professional gazebo building plans for building a gazebo which will help you get started on your project and allow you choose the gazebo design of your liking.